InVEST is an insurance-education program offered in high schools and community colleges that is designed to develop the insurance work force of the future. Do you want to start an Internship at your agency? InVEST can help!
Agency Internship Guide
Staffing continues to be a major challenge for independent insurance agencies and companies. Managers regularly point to the difficulty in finding qualified, motivated employees and to their struggle in drawing those talents to an industry not necessarily known as sexy or exciting. When they do find the "right" person, they spend significant time and money training those new employees, only to have to repeat the process when things do not work out.
You can break this disappointing cycle through the strategic use of interns. A quality internship program will enable you to attract bright and ambitious young people and identify those you want to keep for the long term without making a large financial investment.
For students, InVEST...
- Teaches risk management and other insurance concepts
- Combines knowledge gained in the classroom with real-world sales simulation
- Exposes students to the insurance work environment and provides opportunities to interact and network with insurance professionals
- Offers flexible, consumer-friendly instruction
- Prepares students to be more knowledgeable consumers
- Provides scholarship opportunities for college and non-college bound students
For volunteers, InVEST...
- Offers course guidance and classroom materials
- Provides opportunities for participation in state and national workshops and webinars
- Creates meaningful and lasting relationships with students
- Builds stronger links to the local insurance community
- Promotes community involvement in the communities they serve
For teachers, InVEST...
- Offers free, customizable resources
- Provides free curriculum, lesson plans, games and activities
- Gives you access to guest speakers
- Helps you give students the tools that will carry over into life beyond graduation
Check Out the Tools